Pre-fall is a natural time for me to reset. It’s still hot af, but little by little, daylight hours are waning and late nights and early mornings are becoming chillier. My birthday is next Friday and a few days after that my favorite season will begin; I like to go all in on whatever time of year we’re in and embrace the colors, flavors, and energy that the season provides. I’m not a big pumpkin spice person but I’m all about apples and cinnamon. The other day I was shopping for candles and vitamins and I thought it would be fun to write a post about getting ready for fall.
Here are a few things I like to do to kick off the fall season:
- Because I’m a child of Christmas, I’m starting my holiday shopping and wishlists.
- I’m also starting to collect pantry ingredients for holiday meals and desserts, such as broth, flour, sugar, and spices.
- Taking inventory of my household and stocking up on cleaning products, OTC medicine, and personal care items.
- Clean out my closets and corners, prepare to donate the usable things to charity.
- Make updates and fixes around my home, like replacing the kitchen sink strainer and the AC filter.
- Finish up any tasks that I’ve abandoned, like that sewing project I started over a year ago and never finished. P.S. I finally completed it and I feel so accomplished!
- Trim my hair to get rid of split ends from a hot, dry summer.
- Revise my blog editorial calendar for content for the rest of the year.
Are you excited for the new season? How do you like to get ready for fall? Do you have any particular routines that you like to follow around this time of year?