Like many other people right now, I feel like everything is up in the air. The coronavirus pandemic has rendered many of our dreams deferred. Nobody knows how long we will be in quarantine. It’s literally impossible to do anything outside the house until this thing clears. Spring and summer are going to be a wash. What’s the end game? With nothing to look forward to, how do we keep our spirits up? When everything re-opens, how different will things be? It’s a lot to think about.
With so much unknown, it’s more important than ever to take care of yourself. Here are some things I’ve been doing to relieve my anxiety.
9 Tips For Taking Care of Yourself During Stressful Times
- Practice gratitude. Whether that’s through prayer/meditation, or by expressing thanks to somebody for something.
- Move that body. Do some home exercises, go for a walk, or turn on some music and dance!
- Watch a movie, TV, or YouTube series. Indulging in escapism is such a helpful distraction from the constant news cycle.
- Catch up on reading. This is a good time to finish those books we abandoned.
- Catch up on sleep. To be able to rest safely and uninterrupted in a clean and cozy home is a true blessing. (also refer to #1)
- Go for a drive. Take the scenic route the next time you go out for essentials.
- Tackle a cleaning or home project. I finally completed some home organization projects that I put off for months. I can finally check those things off my to-do list!
- Make your favorite food. It doesn’t have the be elaborate, perfect, or healthy. Just remember to balance the good with the bad 🙂
- Experiment with a new hairstyle. Going back to #3, you might be inspired by a character or YouTuber to experiment with your style. Maybe you’ll find a new look to rock when everything opens again!