Although it’s spring now, I don’t really have a reason to get dressed or buy anything new. Fortunately, I bought a couple of tops earlier this month, but I have nowhere to wear anything to at the moment. America is on lockdown right now due to the COVID-19 pandemic, along with the rest of the world. I am working from home. The only things we can go out for are food, exercise, medical, and essentials. Literally, everything is canceled through April 19th, at the time of this writing.
Since nobody besides my family and my significant other will see what I’m wearing, how can I feel fresh without buying anything new? Here are my ideas on how to make the most out of the clothes in your closet:
- Create a uniform, like Steve Jobs. I generally take a minimalist approach to style. I feel like this gives me mental space and a clean foundation on which to create fun outfits.
- Browse Instagram, Pinterest, and Google images for inspiration. There are so many well-dressed people from around the world on social media. Seek out your style muse!
- Save outfit images. I have an outfit folder on my phone, as well as Pinterest boards and Instagram folders. I also like to create style inspiration boards here on the blog.
- Clean out your closet. I sold a few of my previously loved clothes on Poshmark. This helped me earn a couple of bucks and free up physical space to help me get a better sense of what I have to work with.
- Prioritize. I was able to buy a couple of “new” things using my Poshmark earnings. Knowing that I can’t go anywhere for the next four weeks, what do I really need to shop for now? Understanding my true priorities will ultimately be the key to making the most out of my wardrobe.