Christmas is almost here! I don’t know about you, but I’m so glad 2016 is coming to a close. Despite the challenges and events of this year, I’m still in the holiday spirit. As I go into full elf-mode for Christmas, I want to share a list of 8 of the best things about Christmas.
8 of the best things about Christmas season:
- Christmas Trees: Some of my favorite family holiday memories involve buying and decorating a Christmas tree. As an adult, I own a fake tree, but lighting and decorating it just as fun as it was when I was a kid.
- Sweaters: Most times it’s too warm to wear a sweater in Southern California, even in December. This year is one of the cooler Decembers on record. Meaning: sweater weather!
- Egg Nog: Did you know that Jack-in-the-Box discontinued egg nog shakes? I’m going to have to test a copycat egg nog shake recipe. I’m also thinking of making an egg nog latte, and egg nog french toast. Decisions, decisions…
- Holiday Lights: Another one of my favorite family holiday traditions is driving around to look at Christmas lights. My mother used to herd us pajama-clad children into the car and drive around to look at holiday lights. Sometimes we would stumble upon block parties with food, music, and celebration!
- Fleece Pajamas: A tiny part of me gets excited to wear my fleece holiday onesie pajamas while decorating the tree or wrapping gifts. Fleece PJs are also my holiday movie marathon uniform.
- Movies: Watching holiday movies have always been a tradition for me. A few of my favorite holiday movies include Four Christmases, Home Alone (1, 2, & 3) and the quintessential holiday movie for 80’s & 90’s kids: National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation.
- New Socks: I hate socks, and I only wear them in winter. Therefore, I make sure to buy new pairs around Christmas to keep me stocked until spring.
- Winter break: As a digital marketer, the end of year holidays are crunch time for me. I try to get my most important work done by mid-December so I can take a worry-free Christmas break.
Christmas Tree Image Credit: Viktor Hannacek