Thanks to the heavy rain storms California received last winter, Los Angeles County is finally out of its five-year drought. I’m aware that Angelenos get no sympathy from the rest of the country in terms of weather. But when it rains here, it’s a big deal because we get so little of it. Angelenos fall into two camps: those that love rain, and those that hate it. I know Angelenos who refuse to go anywhere when it rains, preferring to stay indoors where it’s warm and dry. I can sympathize with the sentiment -God knows how unpleasant it is to drive in L.A. during the rain. Drivers seem to suddenly forget the rules of the road, making our city’s notoriously bad traffic worse than it already is.
That’s why if I have to go out in the rain, I prefer to walk instead of driving. I find it pleasant to go for a walk on a rainy afternoon, taking in the clean, fresh air quality that precipitation brings. If it’s only light rain and not storming, I leave my umbrella at home. I just make sure my look is waterproof. Indeed, I believe a little bit of rainwater is good for the soul. Whether you have to go out in wet weather out of necessity or pleasure, I’ve got a list of go-to, rainy day essentials that bring a little bit of joy to damp conditions.
Rainy day essentials:
- Packable Belted Rain Coat • Cole Haan • $350
- Dipbrow Pomade Waterproof Brow Color • Anastasia Beverly Hills • $18
- Smashbox Studio Skin 24-Hour Concealer • Smashbox • $25
- Balenciaga Women’s Bazar Small Shopper Tote Bag • Balenciaga • $1,645
- SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Milk- 8oz • Shea Moisture • $9.69
- Women’s Washed Cotton Baseball Cap – Purple • American Needle • $24
Disclosure: this post contains ShopStyle affiliate links.