This is dedicated to coffee lovers. I’ve used this DIY coffee scrub three times in the past year, with a noticeable improvement in my skin after the second application. In skincare as in life, the more consistent you are, the better the result. I’m pretty good about applying homemade masks on a weekly basis, although I haven’t been using coffee grounds much lately. The application is messy, but the smell is intoxicating and the results are amazing. I’ve used this scrub both on my face and body for smoother, more even skin.
Coffee & Coconut Oil Mask Benefits:
- Coffee: exfoliates the skin. Tightens, firms, and increases circulation, “waking up” the skin.
- Cinnamon: natural antibacterial, increases circulation and smooths skin
- Coconut oil: moisturizing, rich in antioxidants.
DIY Coffee Scrub Recipe
- 1/4 cup used coffee grounds
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon (optional)
- Small bowl
- Plastic utensils
Add 1/4 cup of used coffee grounds into a bowl. Add 1 tablespoon of melted coconut oil, and a couple dashes of cinnamon (optional). Combine mixture thoroughly. Add more coconut oil to the mixture, if necessary. Apply to clean skin in a circular motion. If using on the face, allow the mask to sit for 10-15 minutes. If using on the body, rub into the skin for 60 seconds. Rinse well and pat dry. Apply moisturizer as usual.
- The coffee grounds can get messy, the best place to apply this scrub is in the shower.
- Due to the abrasive nature of coffee grounds, do not use this treatment more than twice per month.
- Beware of any food allergies, especially to coconut oil and cinnamon.
- If you are allergic to any of the ingredients listed in this recipe, do not perform this treatment.