Even though there are less than two weeks until Thanksgiving, it still feels like summer in Los Angeles. Sunny, 85 degree days can make it easy to forget that it’s November, but the colors, flavors, and scents of late fall hold sway over warm, balmy, temperatures.
My fall bucket list contains things I want to try/make/do to get the most out of the season before it ends. This is the best of fall for me, right now.
- Iced chai is perfect year-round, but the herby, spicy flavors of cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice in chai remind me of fall.
- Buy a new fall flower bouquet every week
- Try one of Trader Joe’s seasonal products, like a cinnamon broom or pumpkin spice-flavored almond milk.
- Visit Farmer’s market, to pick up seasonal produce.
- Make seasonal soup, using vegetables from the farmer’s market.
- Bake another apple pie, because it’s simple and delicious enough to make over and over again.
- Have brunch at home, or at one of my favorite restaurants (link to October 2015 food post)
- Resume walking routine, because I haven’t exercised much since daylight savings kicked in.
- Road trip, because Vegas is always a good idea.
- Shop for gifts and groceries for the holidays.
- Focus on self-care, to destress and ward off germs and illness.
- Focus on gratitude, to express thanks for the blessings in my life and help others wherever possible.
What are you looking forward doing/trying/experiencing before fall ends? Share in the comments!