The egg, grapeseed oil & coconut oil hair treatment I’m going to share today is being touted online as a homemade overnight hair growth solution…which is technically true, if describing how to execute the mask. Despite what Youtube says, nothing can make a person’s hair grow overnight. It’s more accurate to describe this hair mask as a two-step, overnight treatment designed to set your hair up for long term growth by strengthening and moisturizing your hair and scalp.
I stumbled upon this treatment while looking for egg-based hair masks. My strands were pretty parched from summer weather and heat styling and I wanted to rebalance its moisture and protein levels.
Benefits of the egg/grapeseed oil/coconut treatment:
- The cholesterol found in egg yolks moisturizes dry hair, while the protein in the whites prevents breakage.
- Grapeseed oil strengthens, adds moisture and helps hair growth.
- Coconut oil penetrates hair follicles to moisturize and aid in growth, fights dandruff, adds shine and luster.
To perform the treatment, you will need:
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons Grapeseed Oil
- Plastic Cap or wrap
- Spectrum Organic Coconut Oil, Unrefined, 14 oz
- Hair Towel
In a bowl, mix 2 eggs and grapeseed oil. Apply to hair and cover with plastic wrap or cap. Let sit for one hour. Rinse thoroughly in cool water.
Apply coconut oil to hair from root to tip, concentrating on ends. Cover with plastic cap and towel, and let sit overnight.
The next day, rinse hair and shampoo, condition, and style according to normal routine. Results will vary, but the general outcome is softer, shinier hair that is easier to manage.
Have you ever tried an egg hair mask? What were the results? Share in the comments!