Before washing my hair last Sunday, I treated myself to a greek yogurt, honey & coconut oil hair mask. Greek yogurt is a wonder ingredient for the hair – chock full of protein and lactic acid, it adds strength, shine, and moisture to strands. Honey is a natural humectant and coconut oil penetrates hair cuticles to infuse moisture. Together these things offer major hair moisture benefits, cheaply and naturally.
Greek Yogurt, Honey & Coconut Oil Hair Mask:
- Mix ~ 4 tablespoons of Greek yogurt with a heaping tablespoon each of honey and coconut oil.
- Stir to a creamy consistency
- Apply through length of damp hair
- Covere with a plastic cap and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly, and shampoo/condition as normal.
I immediately noticed softer, shinier hair with far less tangles. I would swap other ingredients in and out of this mask, depending on what’s available in my kitchen. Ripe bananas, avocados, olive oil are hair mask boosters, while essential oils like tea tree and rosemary are amazing scalp treatments.